Re: Index entries

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Index entries
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 01:03:15 +0200

2008/4/27 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:
>  Mmm... Granted, it's surprising the first time you see it; however I
>  kind of like it this way. Look at
>  http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/R5RS-Index.html
>  it looks surprisingly familiar :)

I don't say that there is no need to index every initial symbol. Just
not to group them as if they were letters, because virtually each
symbol heading has one and only an index entry below it. Only
backslash has many (of course). Refer to the first page of PDF index
and you'l see what I mean.

>  >  We could actually send a bunch of requests for the texinfo index
>  >  -- for example, Werner suggested unifying repeated terms:
>  >  Foo.... p. 8
>  >    .... p. 531

IIRC, Latex does indexes this way as standard.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org