Re: python style

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: python style
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 14:49:07 +0200

On 2008/04/26, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> you added some scripts to buildscripts/ recently.  Some of them don't
> follow coding style. Can you fix that?  The 8 space indent is the main
> problem (it should be 4)

Do you mean "one year ago" with "recently"?  I wrote the scripts with
TAB indentation more than one year ago, newer scripts all use 4 spaces.
However, it's true that there were some style nitpicks in some recent
scripts from me.

I've fixed all style details I'm aware of in scripts I wrote, and have
done the same in many other Python buildscripts, especially
lilypond-words.py (ugh).  Please let me know about remaining style nits
I'm not aware of. I haven't touched the following scripts, because I'm
not sure they're still used:

builder.py
catmidi.py
fixcc.py
make-font-dir.py

I've also fixed deprecated Python constructs in conversion scripts, in
case these scripts go on being unmaintained until a Python release no
more support those deprecated constructs.

Best,
John