Re: Renaming \setTextCresc, \setHairpinCresc, etc.

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Renaming \setTextCresc, \setHairpinCresc, etc.
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 13:56:36 -0700

On Thu, 1 May 2008 13:33:03 -0700
"Patrick McCarty" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:42 AM, Graham Percival <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> >  We could even go with pairs of:
> >   \crescText
> >   \crescHairpin
>
> I still think we should scrap the Hairpin commands.

Don't forget that the lilypond object is called Hairpin.  It's not
a bad thing to emphasize the names of the internals objects, even
if you don't like those actual names.
(this arose earlier with US vs. British spellings)

>  But maybe we
> should wait to see if bug #143 is fixed before we make a final
> decision on this issue.

Given that it's been at least two years since it was reported, I
wouldn't hold my breath.  :)  That said, we have a fair number of new
people fixing some bugs, so one of them might be able to tackle this
one.

@knownissues.