Re: Quoted text (was Re: When is "-" required in articulations?)

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Quoted text (was Re: When is "-" required in articulations?)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 09:58:56 +0200

2008/5/23 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Yes, it's the grob that is created when you write
>  c4-"foo" or c4-\markup{foo}

IIRC, a TextScript is also much more than that.

By the way, I'm unsure "script" is anywhere near more reassuring than
"string". Both look equally unfamiliar to me...

> That's the whole *point* of calling them "text scripts".  Unless I
> really /am/ going senile in my old age...

I am in no place to judge that.

Unless you really want my opinion :-)

> If we're going with "quoted text", why add a line?  What do this
> mean:
>  c4-"foo bar" c4-"baz bob"
>
> Neither of those is a "line".

I meant that such labels wont be broken, wrapped, or formatted in any way.
They are kept as a line, no matter what.

What about "raw text"?

Cheers,
Valentin