Re: Quoted text (was Re: When is "-" required in articulations?)

From: Risto Vääräniemi
Subject: Re: Quoted text (was Re: When is "-" required in articulations?)
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:31:35 +0200

2008/5/25 Graham Percival wrote:
> While you're at it, could you update any other properties?
>  cd scm/
>  grep ",string?" *
> shows a bunch of properties that shouldn't be touched (like filename),
> but a few that probably should be markup intead (like ottavation,
> soloText, and... hmm, I'm not seeing a lot of other ones).  Still, a
> detailed examination would be good.

I noticed that the LP front page states that "LilyPond now allows all
text context properties to be markups". This does not yet cover volta
brackets, though. That is Score.repeatCommands, which only accepts
plain text. If you try to enter a markup the volta bracket disappears
completely. I guess this is a bit more difficult to fix/change because
to get some normal text inside volta brackets you have make some
special overrides, i.e., font encoding, font family etc.

I just thought you might be interested...

-Risto

%%%%%
\version "2.11.47"

{
    \override Score.VoltaBracket #'font-encoding = #'latin1
    \override Score.VoltaBracket #'font-family = #'roman

    c'1
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta \markup {"markup"} ))
        %\set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "no markup" ))
    c'  \bar ":|" %\break
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "no markup" ))
    c'
        \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
    \bar "|."
}
%%%%%