Re: Manual volta repeat commands [was Re: Quoted text]

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Manual volta repeat commands [was Re: Quoted text]
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 19:10:50 +0200

Le vendredi 30 mai 2008 à 18:31 +0200, Valentin Villenave a écrit :
> 2008/5/30 John Mandereau <address@hidden>:
>
> > This won't work, because \markup is a LilyPond command, so it doesn't
> > work within Scheme; you should use something like
> > (markup #:line (#:simple "blablah"))
>
> > Maybe explaining Scheme language features used in this example is
> > probably not relevant in the ly code or in the Repeats section.  I think
> > such explanation should be added to the Scheme tutorial
>
> I always found the following page very simple to use:
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Markup-construction-in-Scheme
>
> What makes you think it's not enough?

\markup  { bla bar baz }

is showed by \displayMusic as

#(markup #:line (bla bar baz))

even if the construct showed in the docs

#(markup bla bar baz)

works fine.

Writing markup in Scheme is not the only issue here; overrides or
setting a property are often made with constants (e.g. '(a . b) for a
pair), so it's not easy to figure out how to do this if you need
variables or function calls, when you're not familiar with Scheme.

Cheers,
John