Re: New predefined command

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: New predefined command
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:14:28 -0700

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 07:18:04 +0100
"Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Patrick McCarty wrote Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:24 AM

> > I think an \arpeggioParen command might be suitable.
>
> Looks good; it matches the existing \arpeggioBracket.
>
> Should we modify the existing \arpeggioBracket to include
> the override to 'X-extent?  Should we also define a command
> to return to the default behaviour?  \arpeggioDefault maybe?
> (\arpeggioNeutral reverts the stencil, but also reverts the direction,
> so isn't quite right).

What about
   \arpeggioParenOn
   \arpeggioParenOff
?

I like Mats' point about "WTF does \...Default do?".  IMO, it's ok
to use this for direction, since so many things are \...Up,
\...down, and \...Neutral.  However, we should probably avoid
generic "turn off" terms like that for everything else, and use
On/off instead.

I'm still wishing we had a dedicated person to review/maintain these
predefs...