Re: Git conflicts

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Git conflicts
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 20:23:31 +0200

John Mandereau skrev:
Should I "push -f" ?

IIRC this is not allowed on git.sv.gnu.org.  If you really want to do
this (it seems to be the case, although I didn't catch all details of
the story), delete dev/run on git.sv.gnu.org

git push ssh://address@hidden/srv/git/lilypond.git :dev/rune

then push as usual, which will recreate branch dev/rune.

To get this right.
Will people having pulled from me up to a point before the merge (i.e. before the new dev/rune differs from the old dev/rune) be negatively affected by this, or will it only be a problem for the ones having pulled after the merge?

-Rune