Re: Git push commands

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: Git push commands
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 13:53:20 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> I'm now able to push changes to the repository, but every time I do a
> push, I get two commits -- one for the changes I made, and one for a
> merge.

Funny.  For another project I am working on, I wrote an introduction for
exactly this, a couple of days ago.  You might find it instructive:

http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de/wiki/index.php/Git_topic_branches

Note especially the sections about "Merging/Rebasing topic
branches" and "Advanced topic branch editing".

Note also, however, that the target audience here are all computer
scientists who had lots of exposure to Git from this guy...

> P.S.  Is there a way to make it so I don't have to enter my dsa
> passphrase every time I pull or push?

http://pacific.mpi-cbg.de/wiki/index.php/SSH_public_keys

Hth,
Dscho