names inside ly/

From: Graham Percival
Subject: names inside ly/
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 17:04:39 -0700

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 21:55:41 +0100
"Neil Puttock" <address@hidden> wrote:

> - the file should be called arabic-init.ly, like makam-init.ly.

Hmm, this depends on whether you consider "arabic" to be a
language, like svenska, or a notation style, like
"gregorian-init.ly" or "bagpipe.ly".
... actually, this distinction falls down.

PROPOSAL:
ly/*-init.ly: these files are automatically included in lilypond.
Stuff like music-functions.init.ly or scale-definitions-init.ly.
(hey, that second file looks cool!  I didn't realize we had this!)

ly/*.ly  (non-init): these files are available to be included
manually.  Stuff like "english.ly" or (a renamed) "gregorian.ly"

WORKERS:
- if accepted, Neil will perform the renaming, convert-ly, and updating
the docs.  If he doesn't know how to write the convert-ly rules, he'll
ask Carl.