Re: Arbitrary accidental glyphs

From: Graham Breed
Subject: Re: Arbitrary accidental glyphs
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:26:05 +0800

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Graham Breed <address@hidden> wrote:

     \override Accidental #'font-name = #"Sagittal"

in a script, and characters from Accidental's glyph-name-alist can come from
Sagittal.  The problem is that LilyPond can't retrieve named glyphs from a
non-standard font.

that's wierd.  Lily basically outputs

  /glyphname showglyph

Postscript code, so it should work for any font that has glyph names.

Yes, that's what I was hoping. But it also converts the font into a Scheme form, right? It looks like at that stage it assumes the font is an Open_type_font and the Pango_font doesn't have some property so it comes out as #F.

I had to hack the C++ because there's a check to make sure the font has a glyph with the right name and that only works for an Open_type_font. So now that check succeeds I see this other problem further down the line.

                 Graham