Re: SVG

From: Daniel Tuser
Subject: Re: SVG
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:30:20 +0200

Thanks Mats. With that solution the output became different, indeed. It now shows a bass clef...

But just a few minutes ago I found another solution, that is much simpler and works:

http://www.cityinthesky.co.uk/pdf2svg.html

I would actually prefer it, if lilypond supported the svg conversion directly. But as a programmer, I understand the difficulties in exporting so many output formats.

Regards,
Daniel

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

   /Mats

Daniel Tuser wrote:
Hi Valentin
Thanks for the link. I tried it out, but unfortunately it does not work. There are some minor bugs, such as first one needs to create a file named "lilyfix.sed", but in the script "fix.sed" is used. After everything worked as it should, the output did not change at all. Here is my script:

\version "2.10.33"
\score {
   \new Staff \relative c' {
       \clef treble
       \key c \major
       \time 4/4
       c4 d e f g1
   }
   \layout { ragged-right = ##t }
}

The ps output and the svg output are just not comparable. The svg output shows a percussion clef and the heads are not nearly eclipses. There is no time, but instead something like a star. There is no staff, ... .

I am using Ubuntu 8.04. Lilypond  2.10.33.

Is there another way to get a valid svg output?

Regards,
Daniel