Re: Docs: Using backslashed in node names causes problems with pdfand te

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Docs: Using backslashed in node names causes problems with pdfand texi2html ("The \override command")
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:13:59 +0100

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote Wednesday, August 13, 2008 8:47 AM
Am Mittwoch, 13. August 2008 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
Reinhold Kainhofer wrote
> The only solution I see is to also define two-argument macros similar > to
> @rlearning and the like, where the second argument gives the displayed
> text.

Can the second argument be optional?  If so, they could replace
@rlearning etc.

Unfortunately not. texi2html and makeinfo --html work just fine if you leave out an argument in the macro call, but texi2pdf will spit out an error (due
to TeX).

Pity.  In that case I'd go along with a parallel set of two-argument
macros as you suggest.  @ruserX, @ruser2 ?  At least nothing breaks
if the standard macros are used, and the effect is obvious, so it will
be easy to convert them manually in the few cases where they are needed.

Cheers,
Reinhold

Trevor