Re: finished second draft?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: finished second draft?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 20:14:04 -0700

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 03:03:48 +0200
"Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/8/15 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
>
> > That said, I don't see when could I seriously start working on Vocal
> > music. I have two choices: a) Reword or reorder the section and
> > leave Vocal to Trevor or any other GDP hero. b) Leave Simultaneous
> > as is for 2.12 and try to gain some advance on Vocal for myself.

Go for a), finish simultaneous and ignore Vocal.  Nothing's going
to change there until after 2.12; there's no point starting it
now.

> IIRC, I had mentioned I could take Vocal when I'm done with Text. As
> I'm finishing my opera I'm progressing quite slowly right now, but be
> assured if you don't do Vocal, then someone will (namely me, if we
> haven't found anybody else until then).

For as long as I'm in charge of the docs (the next 5 days :), this
is absolutely rejected.  Once you've finished Text, your
priorities are:
- bugs
- LSR
- lilypond report

If... **IF**... you think you can undertake 30 hours of doc work
on Vocal, **WITHOUT** any of your other responsibilities
suffering... then go ahead.

Bear in mind that at some point soon after 2.12 is out, LSR should
be updated to use 2.12.  That'll require a bunch more work adding
the stuff from input/new/ and whatnot.  Also note that we'll have
a huge pile of new bug reports (not necessarily *valid* bug
reports, though) after 2.12 is released.  Also note that the
increased visibility of LSR in the 2.12 docs might (faint hope
here) attract more people to be using it, which would require more
editing from you.

In other words, there's no way you're touching vocal.itely until
next Dec.  And by that time, the doc team will probably have
started working on it anyway.