Re: Version level of snippets causes difficulty

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Version level of snippets causes difficulty
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:00:57 +0100

Graham Percival wrote Monday, August 25, 2008 10:45 AM

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 10:29 PM, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:
I have a problem checking my doc edits, which I like to do before pushing
them. I use the latest GUB binary, currently 2.11.56, to compile the docs,
but it conks on the snippets, which have already been up rated to require
2.11.57.

Any suggestions? Could I perhaps change something in Lily to make her think
she is already at the 2.11.57 level?

*sigh*  We've gone over this at least twice before on this list; at
least once with you.

Comment out the \version.  Comment out any new lilypond syntax.  Make
sure you don't push those changes.

Well, yes, but that's rather tedious.  There are now
a lot of snippets and the ability to change lots of
files in one command doesn't exist in Windows.  I guess
I could learn how to do it in bash, but would probably
break things en route.  Anyway, I found a much neater way
after a night's sleep - see my note to Mats and Neil.

- Graham

Trevor