Re: Sad news

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Sad news
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 18:53:16 +0200

On 2008/08/25 16:48 +0100, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> Indeed so; dedicating Release 2.12 to Rune would be an excellent way of
> showing our respect.
>
> Where would the name be displayed?  On the web site?

Yes, we could include it in the release notes and 2.12.0 news item.

>   In a new line in the console output?

Good idea, "lilypond --(version|help)" could print

    LilyPond 2.12.x "Rune"

or maybe Rune in parentheses?

> I like the title page of
> the docs - there would be room there for a brief obituary too.

We could append the obituary to the dedication, and replace the
description of the link in the title page "by Jan and Han-Wen" with "in
memory to Rune Zedeler".

Best,
John