Re: NR 1.5 and 1.6 reviewed

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: NR 1.5 and 1.6 reviewed
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:14:25 +0200

2008/10/2 Andrew Hawryluk <address@hidden>:
> After much delay, I finished reviewing the text of NR 1.5 and 1.6
> (attached). Overall, it was very informative and well written. Here I
> only mention those changes that warrant discussion, or questions I
> had.

Great! If you don't know what to do next, you may want to have a look
at 1.8 Text now :-)

> The text of the PDF is not actually black - I suspect it's a CMYK to
> RGB conversion issue, but on my screen (Adobe Reader on Ubuntu) it
> renders as grey #221e1f. This means that the printed text is a dark
> grey halftone that gives the letterforms rough edges and makes them
> harder to read.

Strange. Maybe someone can tell us why?

> In the third musical example under "Instrument names" (.itely lines
> 963–977), why is "Flute" not centered above "Clarinetti / in B(flat)"?

I don't know.

> line 1037: what is an alist? should it be @code{alist}? does it
> require more explanation?

I don't know.

> In the cue note examples the sixteenth-note beams are too wide - they
> almost merge into a single beam. Is this a bug?

I don't know.

> Valentin (or anyone with similar LSR authority), can you edit the
> snippet forcing-horizontal-shift-of-notes.ly ? Please change "measure
> units" to "units of measure".

Done. I have also removed the name of the property in the description,
since these may always change in future versions.

> I changed the unnumberedsubsubsec "Deeper nested staff groups" to
> "Nested staff groups" because there is no previous nesting to be
> deeper than. (That was an ugly sentence.) However, if changing the
> document outline was outside the scope of my assignment you may revert
> the change.

Applied, with your other changes.

Cheers,
Valentin