Re: Conflicts in Spanish docs when merging lilypond/translation into mas

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Conflicts in Spanish docs when merging lilypond/translation into master
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 21:54:20 +0200

On 2008/10/03 20:32 +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
> Done, it's my first time, sorry for the dumb commit name.

All this advice is for the next time...
When you merge a branch, you're supposed to keep the commit message head
line, so it's obvious this commit is a merge commit, and you must keep
the conflicting file names (which you didn't in this case, so we have
lost this information :-P).  This rule also applies when you resolve
conflicts: when you do "git commit -a" after having resolved conflicts,
you shouldn't remove anything from the commit message Git proposes you,
you may only add comments about the conflicts you have resolved; as a
consequence, you needn't find an intelligent commit name, because Git
already gives you one :-)

Cheers,
John