Re: some observations from a new user

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: some observations from a new user
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:34:05 +0200

2008/10/6 Paul Matthews <address@hidden>:
> The difficulty and inconsistent grammar is going to drive off new users. I
> don't
> think I'll be using it again.

Just because of the special use of brackets and parentheses?

> Spending an hour just to get a single staff is not
> an effective use of time.

Maybe you could help telling exactly what did you spend that hour in.
Writing { c' d' e' f' } on Notepad?
Double-clicking your document icon on the Desktop?

I have seen new Finale users spending twice as much trying to delete
the spare blank measures.

Ah, I understand, not to get a single staff, but rather to get a staff
worth of music. Remember that what you have learned from the language
syntax while writing that staff, with progressive addings will serve
you to write all the rest of music you like from now on.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
http://www.paconet.org