Re: KeyboardStaff?

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: KeyboardStaff?
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 00:21:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hey everyone,

I agree with Valentin. I think it makes sense to
just get rid of PianoStaff. Semantically, it's
redundant; and removing an entire context would
simplify the learning process for newbies, among
other things.

I remember when I first started learning LP, I
thought "why is there a PianoStaff?" I was taught
that, from an engraving perspective, put a treble
staff and bass staff together, connect them with
a line and a brace, join the barlines, and you've
got yourself a "Grand Staff". And piano music is
written on a grand staff. Simple enough.

So I vote to add the Instrument_name_engraver to
the other staff-group contexts, and nix the
PianoStaff. And I'm a pianist...

- Mark