Images in emacs info files

From: Shelagh Manton
Subject: Images in emacs info files
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 17:49:58 +1100

The emacs info files have place holders for images for the blissful day
that emacs could show inline images. I note that there is that
capability in the latest emacs versions.

If you put (add-hook 'info-mode-hook 'turn-on-iimage-mode) in the
emacs 23 you can inline images. But of course the texinfo has to have
the right syntax for the file link.

for emacs to find the image file it should look like this

;; .texinfo:   @file{file://foo.png}
;; .info:      `file://foo.png'

Now I was wondering if it was possible that the info documents could
include the references to the image files?

Shelagh

Jabber: address@hidden