Re: compilation error

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: compilation error
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 00:28:08 +0100 (CET)

> > This indeed looks like musicxml2ly is using the installed .pyc
> > file instead of the newly compiled .pyc file from the local
> > treeĀ :(
>
> Yep, and the culprit was line 38 in lilylib.py, I removed it in Git.
> It was probably a leftover from before introduction of
> relocate-preamble in the Python scripts.

Your fix has a nasty side effect.  Running `autogen.sh' (which in turn
directly calls the configure script) gives

  checking for python-config... python-config
  checking Python.h usability... no
  checking Python.h presence... no
  checking for Python.h... no
  ERROR: Please install required programs:
         Python.h (python-devel, python-dev or libpython-dev package)

Of course, Python.h is present on my system (located in
/usr/include/python2.5/Python.h).

    Werner