Re: ugly @predefined sections in PDF

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: ugly @predefined sections in PDF
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:34:52 -0000

Werner LEMBERG wrote Wednesday, November 19, 2008 2:48 PM

There are only a couple of instances where this looks particularly
bad.  Could we instead change just those instances so each of
predefined commands is on a separate line?  Is this possible?  It
would certainly be easier!

It's not clear to me why this would be `easier'.  Assume that later on
a new command is inserted or removed.  The editor would have to check
the PDF output whether the result is fine.  In case I use @predefined
... @endpredefined, the result is *always* fine.

In general, I prefer a generic solution to a specific one, given that
in this particular case it's really easy to do -- inserting a couple
of @endpredefined doesn't hurt IMHO,

Ah, maybe I misunderstood.  I'd assumed the @endpredefined would
have to be inserted after every list of predefined commands.  If
it is required only after the problematic ones then I agree with
you.

   Werner
Trevor