Re: Using lookup to extract glyphs

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Using lookup to extract glyphs
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 21:19:23 +0100

Quoting Neil Puttock <address@hidden>:

2008/11/28 Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden>:

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Now that I've looked a bit more careful, I see that the total height of
braceN is given by
10.5*(1+1/150)^N
so in other words, if the desired height is H, you can get the number of the
corresponding
brace glyph by
(round (/ (log (/ H 10.5)) (log (+ 1 (/ 1 150)))))

Thanks for working this out, Mats.

How about a middle way, where we have a function to convert from
points -> brace number?  Then it's up to the user whether they want
direct access to a specific glyph, or conversion from points.

I don't see the point. If a user had the possibility to specify the height in points (or any other sensible unit) as the argument, he'd never use the weird numbering that's used internally in LilyPond.

   /Mats