Re: buglet and bug

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: buglet and bug
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 16:44:35 +0000

2008/12/7 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> This line in music-glossary.tely (in the lilypond code after the text
> `Staves of five lines...')
>
>   \override Staff.Clef #'stencil = ##t  % Clef now required
>
> causes the following warning:
>
>  warning: type check for `stencil' failed;
>           value `#t' must be of type `unknown'
>
> How should this be fixed properly?  It seems to have the right effect,
> however.

\revert Staff.Clef #'stencil

> And here probably a real bug: The next image (attached, after the text
> `In the same way' in music-glossary.tely too) is badly cropped -- the
> lilypond code doesn't use `extra-offset', so I don't expect this to
> happen.

Yuck, this example is a mess. It should be on one line, but it's too
large to fit.  Since it uses Y-extent overrides to bring the staves
closer together, the bounding boxes are incorrect.

I'll rework it using alignment-offsets instead of Y-extent hacks,
which will fix the remaining cropping issue (the treble clef).

Cheers,
Neil