Re: PATCH: Arrowed accidentals for microtone notation

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: PATCH: Arrowed accidentals for microtone notation
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 22:57:54 -0600

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> However, I'm unable to compare the new accidentals side by side as
> in your images because I can only investigate them in the dvi file
> which is output by metafont.  How do you produce these images? Are
> they just screenshots from fontforge or is it possible to export
> these kinds of pictures somehow?  Also, how can I avoid recompiling
> all fonts after making changes (which takes ages)?

I think I told you already in a previous mail:

 . Copy all MF files and mf2pt1.mp to a new directory.

 . Copy mf2pt1.pl to the same directory.

 . Generate mf2pt1.mem with

     mpost -progname=mpost -ini mf2pt1 \\dump

That's it.

To create a DVI file for feta20, say

 mf '\mode:=proof; input feta20'
 gftodvi feta20.2602gf

To create an unhinted PFB with overlapping contours and a lot of extra
points for feta20, say

 FONTFORGE=foo perl mf2pt1.pl --rounding=0.0001 feta20

To create a hinted, optimized PFB for feta20, say

 perl mf2pt1.pl --rounding=0.0001 feta20

Hey Max, hey Werner,

Any news on the arrowed accidentals? Would be very cool indeed if they could make it into 2.12!

:-)

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača