Re: PATCH: Arrowed accidentals for microtone notation

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: PATCH: Arrowed accidentals for microtone notation
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 05:50:28 +0100 (CET)

> > Still a buglet: The stemwidth of the down arrow in the
> > `natural.arrowboth' glyph is too thick if compared to the other
> > arrowed natural signs.  Everything else looks fine.
>
> Finally one with an instantaneous fix. :-) Indeed I used to check
> for up- XOR down-arrow before I added the accidentals with arrows in
> both direction. The attached version of the patches corrects this.

Hehe, it's still not perfect.  Sorry for being a PITA :-)  Compile
with

  FONTFORGE=foo mf2pt1 --rounding=0.0001 feta20

and magnify into the connection point between the down-arrow and the
vertical bar: The `natural.arrowdown' glyph correctly extends the
vertical bar outlines into exactly the same direction, while the
`natural.arrowboth' extends the stem into a slightly different
direction, which is not correct.

Additionally, the upper left point of the lower horizontal bar `jumps'
if compared between natural glyphs with and without an up-arrow.  The
same is true for the lower right point of the upper horizontal bar for
glyphs with and without a down-arrow.

    Werner