Re: (attn doc team) Re: Diatonic notation system

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: (attn doc team) Re: Diatonic notation system
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:14:18 -0000

Graham Percival wrote Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:04 PM

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 08:01:08PM +0800, Graham Breed wrote:
I've checked the documentation for key signatures and see no
indication that \key b \bayati could possible work though.

Say what?
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond/Arabic-music#Arabic-key-signatures

Doc team: I must admit that a link from NR 1.1.3 Key signatures to
that page would help.  Also, how the Mao did I let the "Arabic key
signatures" get added without a working example there?!?!  I suck.

Happy to add the link, but I'm not sure non-standard
key signatures are working properly.  Try this:

\relative c' {
 \set Staff.keySignature = #`(((0 . 3) . ,SHARP)
                              ((0 . 5) . ,FLAT)
                              ((0 . 6) . ,FLAT))
 fis fis aes bes
 fis aes aes bes
 fis aes aes bes
}

It seems the keySignature is set for just one bar.
Or have I missed something?  Either way it seems the docs
need more than just a link.

Trevor