GOP pre-planning: goals

From: Graham Percival
Subject: GOP pre-planning: goals
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:08:51 -0800

Grand Organization Project, by the way.

I have the following goals.  Can anybody think of anything to add?
As with GDP, I'll start scaling back the goals once I know how
much manpower we have available, but I'd like to get everything
"on paper" at the beginning.

NEWS
- have a bi-weekly newsletter (this will hopefully continue after
  Aug)

WEB
- revamp website
- re-examine LM 1 + AU vs. the website.  For example, we have two
  essays about computer music engraving.  One will die.

DOCS
- LM: remove 1, finish remainder of LM.
- NR: finish 1-4.
- AU: possibly remove material, finish remainder.

DEVELOPMENT
- radically shorter development cycles (5-6 months)
- re-examine popular tweaks and add some of them, quite
  possibly to a new ly/utils/ or something like that.
- bugfixing with the Frogs