Re: Patch for stylesheets

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Patch for stylesheets
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:31:20 -0800

Hi Till,

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Till Rettig <address@hidden> wrote:
> Patrick McCarty schrieb:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> This patch features many of the same changes as my previous patches,
>> but I have changed fewer colors this time.  One notable color that is
>> not present is the `soft blue' currently being used for links.  I hope
>> to reintegrate this color in the future.
>>

> Hi,
> I like the new look, actually with the "soft blue" from the old one, then it
> seems really nice to me. Now the blue is definitely too bright.

I have considered keeping the soft blue for the links, but here are my
two main reasons for changing to the more "pure" blue:

- The current blue (#3465a4) does not pass the WCAG 1.0 against a
white background.  Based on experience, the new blue definitely
increases readability, even though the current "soft blue" might be a
*nicer* color.  Since LilyPond's documentation is so extensive, I
think the increase in readability is a plus.

- With the current soft blue, it is difficult to distinguish *links*
from *black text* if link underlining is turned off in the browser.
Since the new blue is more contrasting with the black text in
div#main, this would no longer be an issue.

I want to use the softer blue for something else besides text, but I
haven't yet decided where to put it, thus its absence from this patch.

Thanks for your comments,
-Patrick