Re: 2.12 uploaded

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 2.12 uploaded
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 16:00:02 -0800

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 04:30:02PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le mercredi 24 d??cembre 2008 ?? 15:17 +0100, John Mandereau a ??crit :
> > Le mercredi 24 d??cembre 2008 ?? 01:47 -0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys a ??crit :
> > > Note that I also did not update the website accordingly, so you'll
> > > need to update the download page too.
>
> Ugh, http://lilypond.org/download/sources/v2.12 appears as a tar file in
> Firefox 3

Same thing in Safari.

> and "make update-versions" fails with

Any possibility of fixing this manually?  I normally wouldn't
suggest anything like this, but since the entire website is slated
for rebuilding, it might be ok to abandon the nice scripts and
makefiles and hack the html manually.

... then again, the new website wouldn't be ready for a month at
the very earliest, and we'll probably have two or three more
releases during that period.  So maybe it's still worth fixing the
makefiles for those three releases.