Re: creating dev/gop-web

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: creating dev/gop-web
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:54:57 -0800

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 04:05:48PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le vendredi 26 d??cembre 2008 ?? 17:11 -0800, Graham Percival a ??crit :
> > That said, my initial thought is that you're right.  The directory
> > structure should match the website; that should make it easier to
> > figure out what file to modify.
>
> Let's go for this.  I'll hack the makefiles to set this up when I have
> sorted up other issues (diatonic transposition and rearranging
> buildscripts).

Ok.  Could you add a "make test" or "make simple" or something
like that in the texinfo/ dir?  This would create a version of the
texinfo portion of the website which is created with texi2html
*only*.  No imagemagick, no awk, ideally no python either... this
is to be used by windows people who have texi2html working but
nothing else, and still want to write/edit content for the
website.

BTW, buildscripts: wait until 2.12.1 (the first 2.12 release that
people might be happy with :)  is out.

> > > Two ways:
> > > 1) use ImageMagick/convert to scale images at build time;
> >
> > Seriously?  I was expecting that we could do {scale=50%} or
> > something like that... oh well.
>
> Maybe texi2html already supports this; if not, let's send a feature
> request.

To be fair, texinfo itself doesn't appear to support scaling by a
percentage, only by an absolute number (like 4in or 100pt).

> OK, and don't forget suggesting contributions on the graphical design
> and layout, which anybody can propose in HTML/CSS; then I can implement
> the adopted new design in the Python scripts.

Ok, added.