Re: creating dev/gop-web

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: creating dev/gop-web
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 02:04:39 +0100

Le samedi 27 décembre 2008 à 16:54 -0800, Graham Percival a écrit :
> Could you add a "make test" or "make simple" or something
> like that in the texinfo/ dir?  This would create a version of the
> texinfo portion of the website which is created with texi2html
> *only*.  No imagemagick, no awk, ideally no python either... this
> is to be used by windows people who have texi2html working but
> nothing else, and still want to write/edit content for the
> website.

We don't need awk, and texinfo/ will be scraped soon.  I think Texinfo
stuff should be built in a first stage called "texinfo", with subtargets
called "texipdf" and "texihtml", which anybody will be able to run
outside the whole building process.

> BTW, buildscripts: wait until 2.12.1 (the first 2.12 release that
> people might be happy with :)  is out.

Okay.

> To be fair, texinfo itself doesn't appear to support scaling by a
> percentage, only by an absolute number (like 4in or 100pt).

If there are only few images to be scaled, we could store them in two
sizes in Git, a bit like what is in current web-gop branch.

Cheers,
John