Re: GOP: new website

From: Anthony W. Youngman
Subject: Re: GOP: new website
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 17:41:13 +0000

In message <address@hidden>, Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes
- write the new essay in HTML, and tell people to print out the
 HTML if they want a paper version?

imho this is likely to be a disaster. The number of times I try to print html and get garbage ... either it prints the part of the page I don't want, or it prints 16" wide on A4, or or or - you get the picture.

Okay, I know that's caused by web authors "being clever" and trying to over-ride the user's display preferences, but it happens far too often and I'm NOT a fan of html as a result.

Nope. If you want users to be able to print the essay, provide it in a form optimised for printing.

Cheers,
Wol
--
Anthony W. Youngman - address@hidden