Re: Lilypond on windows

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Lilypond on windows
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:33:14 +0100

2008/12/29 Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>:

> Speaking as one of the FreeType authors: *Of course* FreeType builds
> on Windows, even with native Windows compilers.

I'm very happy to read that. It would certainly be great to be able to
build lily directly under mingSys, but I still think it won't be
possible without using Cygwin as a compilation environment.

By the way, I had kept in mind that cross-compiling Python was not
possible, but it seems that someone we know is trying hard to make it
happen:
http://bugs.python.org/issue1597850

:-)

Cheers,