Re: Frog mailing list discussion

From: Andrew Wilson
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 00:39:47 +0000

This was a complete disaster for me.  I quickly realised that it was
a dual boot when what I was looking for was a virtual machine.

I uninstalled it.  It trashed my machine.  I have now reinstalled
windows four times trying to resurrect , user accounts, etc.
I have now abandoned hope of fixing it.  Hopefully my backups
are reasonably current.

Use with extreme caution.

Not a happy bunny.

andrew

2009/1/7 Neil Puttock <address@hidden>
2009/1/5 Andrew Wilson <address@hidden>:
> I'm installing it now.  If this works it will be fabulous and I'll be
> removing
> the cygwin installation.  I'm going out in about 20 mins, hopefully it will
> be installed when I get back.  I'll let you know how it get on.

I've been compiling lilypond in wubi-installed Ubuntu since April, and
it works fine; it's probably a little sluggish compared with a native
install, but you shouldn't have any problems.

Regards,
Neil