Keeping track of issues (was: Weird doc output with @rlearning.)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Keeping track of issues (was: Weird doc output with @rlearning.)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:03:51 +0800

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 12:52:53PM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> Graham Percival Thursday, January 01, 2009 12:19 AM
>> Yes, texinfo screws up if a @macro{is spread
>> over two lines}.  IIRC this was listed in the old texinfo-todo.txt
>> (list of technical problems with the docs).
>
> Fixed in git.

That doesn't fix the underlying issue, though -- texinfo is
supposed to be whitespace-insensitive.  Manually repaginating
paragraphs shouldn't be necessary.

This is my fault, though -- I listed this problem in the
technical-todo.txt file for GDP, which was stupid.  Multiple TODO
lists are a recipy for disaster.  Even worse, I didn't pass that
list to anybody after GDP ended.

I've now added this as a type-other in the google code tracker.  I
have a pile of other doc-related problems that might belong there,
but I don't have the time to investigate.

VOLUNTEER NEEDED: take a list of maybe a dozen problems with the
docs.  Check whether the problem still exists, and if it does, add
it to the google tracker.  At this moment, I'm not asking anybody
to try to fix these bugs; I just want to make sure they don't get
lost.