Re: ideas for Google Summer of Code

From: Anne Ghisla
Subject: Re: ideas for Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:57:39 +0100

Hello all,

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 18:58:25 Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
> > On 1/14/09 8:51 AM, "Han-Wen Nienhuys" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > >
> > > I think we can be under the umbrella of FSF/GNU.
> >
> > Can the mentor be a FSF/GNU mentor, or does there need to be a LilyPond
> > mentor?
>
> The mentor can be anyone that is accepted by the project.  GSoC is mostly
> a "we know who you are and therefore we trust you" thing.  Even if these
> things become rare these days, it is the only way to run something
> successful _and_ fun.

fisrt of all: many thanks for your answers, the proposals look great.

If it is possible to be under FSF/GNU umbrella, it could give us better
chances for project approval - organisators have already warned future
participants that 2009 edition will cont on a reduced budget.

But it worths trying! I'll do my best to become a Frog and start understanding
how LilyPond works.

regards,

Anne

Please do not send attachments in proprietary formats
Use the UNI CEI Standard ISO/IEC 26300:2006
O< stop html mail - http://www.asciiribbon.org