problems compiling lilypond on Mac OS X 10.5

From: David Baumgold
Subject: problems compiling lilypond on Mac OS X 10.5
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:58:59 +0000 (UTC)

I'm trying to package lilypond for MacPorts. (I am aware that there is a
fink package, but I prefer MacPorts to fink.) When I try to compile the
sources, I'm getting an error that I really don't understand:

----
/opt/local/bin/perl
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_tmp_textproc_lilypond/work/lilypond-
2.12.1/buildscripts/out/help2man out/lilypond > out/lilypond.1 sh: line
1: 34119 Trace/BPT trap out/lilypond --help 2> /dev/null help2man: can't
get `--help' info from out/lilypond make[1]: *** [out/lilypond.1] Error
133 make: *** [all] Error 2

Warning: the following items did not execute (for lilypond):
org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
org.macports.install Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
----

The strangest thing is, after the compilation fails, I can go to lily
directory inside the build directory and execute the command just file,
and it outputs the help information just as it should. I don't have any
idea what to make of the Trace/BPT trap information, but I think that's
the key to figuring this out. Can anyone provide any information?