Re: Please fix: japanese doc compilation

From: Sawada , Yoshiki
Subject: Re: Please fix: japanese doc compilation
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 06:48:01 +0000 (UTC)

John Mandereau <john.mandereau <at> gmail.com> wrote:

> As it's possible to distribute Japanese translation at least in one compiled
> format, namely Texi2HTML.  However, it is reasonable to enable the
> compilation of the Japanese docs only after you have provided a patch (or a
> patch set) that address these points:

It is good that Texi2HTML can handle Japanese even if Texi2DVI cannot handle it.
I think we should turn off texi2dvi for Japanese Documentation.

> - provide all (even Texinfo skeleton) files that would have been created by
> "make new-lang", e.g.
>
> cd Documentation/
> mv ja ja.orig
> make ISOLANG=ja new-lang
>
> then copy back files from ja.orig to ja and delete ja.orig.

I provided all files which were created by "make ISOLANG=ja new-lang".
The command produced files only for Learning Manual.
Do you mean I need to provide other files (i.e., for "Program Usage",
"Notation Reference" and so on) ?
If you can give me those files or tell me how to create them, it is better.
But I can create them by copying and editing them from "Documentation/user",
if I need to do so.

I can do others that you addressed.

Now, I face one problem.
Text strings which appear in navigation sections of my HTML files (such as
"[ Introduction >> ]") look strange. I guess a character code of a script file
which handles navigation sections is wrong. Can you tell me which script file
handles navigation?
But, it is not a big problem, so I will resolove it some time.

> > I believe my translation will help Japanese users to
> > understand LilyPond more easily and is needed as the material for
> > proofreading as you think.
>
> Certainly, and integrating it in the official sources and documentation will
> hopefully help for this.

I really thank you for helping me to produce Japanese LilyPond Documenation.

Thanks,
Yoshiki