Re: [frogs] Discourse on the Consumption of Dog Food

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [frogs] Discourse on the Consumption of Dog Food
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 00:06:23 +0800

On Wed, Feb 04, 2009 at 04:44:24PM +0100, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> 2009/2/4 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > After one week of this (BTW, there's an English phrase "eating
> > your own dog food"; I'm not certain if it translates into other
> > languages :), I'll begin another round of GOP recruitment.
>
> What is with you guys and dog food? There's also this phrase about
> dog's breakfasts...

Dogs are bad, so they get the negative phrases.  "The cat's meow"
means that something is very good.  :)

As a cat person, I agree entirely.  This is pretty much the only
time in my life that I'll express agreement with the English
language... being surrounded by nothing but ESL people now (and
trying to teach them better English), I have newfound appreciation
for what a completely stupid language English is.