Patch for ja doc and two Questions

From: Sawada , Yoshiki
Subject: Patch for ja doc and two Questions
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 06:55:46 +0000 (UTC)

Hello everyone,

I released the new patch for Japanese documents. And I have two questions.

1. Release of the new patch for ja doc

I put it in the following page:
http://irjb.s346.xrea.com/wiki/Patches+for+LilyPond+Document.html
Please do not remove *.itely files for AU and Japanese messages catalog
(i.e. Documentation/ja/user/i18n/ja).

2. About .po file

Some words in .po files (i.e. "msgid"s) are used as both words in text and
variable names (or context IDs) in LilyPond inputs. I want to translate words in
text, but not variable names. The reason is because I can use multi-byte
characters in text, but not in codes for LilyPond (and programming languages) .

For example, "dynamics" and "ossia" are used as words in *.itely files and
variable names in *.ly files. I want to translate "dynamics" as a word to
"強弱記号 (dynamics)", but not to translate "dynamics" as a variable name.

How do I do this?

3. About "Building documentation without compiling LilyPond" of
   "1.2.4 Building documentation", Application Usage

In that sub subsection, there is a command as following:
nice make LILYPOND_EXTERNAL_BINARY=/path/to/bin/lilypond web

I wonder "nice" is not needed, though it is harmless.

Thanks,
Sawada, Yoshiki