Re: Building GUB3

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Building GUB3
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 21:49:31 +0100

On wo, 2009-02-11 at 11:22 -0800, Patrick McCarty wrote:

> Hmm. I'm running a 32-bit OS and have 32-bit hardware.  But gmp
> compiled successfully after your fix though.

Interesting.  What's the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo?

> Now GUB halts at tools::libjpeg.  Attached is the end of my build.log.

Interesting bug.  ltconfig is trying to use `tools' for the host system,
that does not work :-)  This is the ugly result of adding an
update_libtool () to target.py combined with multiple inheritance.  Ugh.

So, apart from not updating libtool here, I've now also fixed the target
architecture, platform etc when building tools; makes much more sense.

Oh, I've push a whole slew of fixes that will trigger a grand rebuild...

Thanks,
Jan.