Re: Building GUB3

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Building GUB3
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 03:00:25 -0800

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 10:40:53AM +0100, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> On za, 2009-02-14 at 13:42 -0800, Patrick McCarty wrote:
>
> Hi Patrick,
>
> > I decided to start completely from scratch with `make lilypond' to see
> > if I could reproduce the current libtool issue, but I ran into some
> > other problems.  I will revisit this issue soon.
> >
> > The problem I am having is that fontconfig, ghostscript, guile, and
> > lilypond are not downloaded!  Directories such as
> > downloads/fontconfig, downloads/lilypond, etc. are not even created at
> > the start of the build process.
>
> Yeah, I broke GIT downloads, Han-Wen fixed this yesterday night.

As a test, I just tried to build tools::guile with a fresh clone
(latest HEAD), and I am still having problems.

In the download stage, everything downloads fine except for guile;
guile is immediately skipped over after the `*** Stage: download
(guile, tools)' line is printed.  See 1-build.log.  Is guile supposed
to download at this stage?

After all dependencies are built, guile fails to build, with the error
in 2-build.log.  The directory downloads/guile was never created,
presumably since guile was never downloaded.

-Patrick