Re: Building GUB3

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Building GUB3
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:51:55 +0100

On di, 2009-02-17 at 01:58 -0800, Patrick McCarty wrote:

Hi Patrick,

> I managed to find a temporary workaround by adding
> $HOME/git/gub/target/mingw/root/usr/lib to my PATH.  Then libtool
> found the .la files (and the .a file in the case of ws2_32), and
> mingw::guile built successfully.

Great.  Wow, that's ugly though; this means probably that the
build can also be broken by adding a wrong directory to PATH.

Hmm.

> It seems strange that libtool does not include
> target/mingw/root/usr/lib in its search path on my machine (but it
> does on yours).

Yes, see my other mail...  I really want to hunt this one down...

> With that workaround, I can now build LilyPond for all target
> platforms except for darwin-x86.  GUB fails at darwin-x86::gmp.  See
> the attached config.log.

Okay, this is prolly what Han-Wen was talking about, a linux-x86
on 64 bits hardware problem.  Should be fixed, thanks!

Greetings,
Jan.