Re: Updates to the LM

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Updates to the LM
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 20:14:05 +0800

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 11:18:32AM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:

> John Mandereau wrote Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:48 PM
>
>> Reinhold Kainhofer a écrit :
>>> Okay, but I think the snippets in input/lsr/ need to be updated to
>>> include this new file from input/new/, too. Otherwise lilypond-book
>>> will not be able to find it. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to
>>> re-generate input/lsr/ from input/new/, though...
>>>
>> Use makelsr.py
>
> I think I've muddled through this and updated
> input/lsr with my new snippet.  As this was
> the first time I've used makelsr.py there were
> lots of mysterious warnings, but it seems to
> have converted and copied the one file I needed
> successfully, so I selected this one file and
> placed it in input/lsr.

As a general note, I would encourage people NOT to use makelsr.py
unless they are very familiar with it.  All it takes is one
inexperienced (in this area) developer trying to fix a "simple"
bug at the wrong time, and could result in many of us losing our
entire personal data due to a rm -rf ~ system call within a
snippet.

Yeah, of course we all use an encrypted incremental backup system
like tarsnap.com, and we all have separate user accounts for
lilypond development so that any malicious snippet can't touch our
personal files... but in that universe, I already have tenure.
And a girlfriend.  And a wife.  Err wait, I don't mean both.  Or
do I?