Re: lilypond.pdf size?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond.pdf size?
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:20:45 +0800

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 02:45:11AM -0300, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Specifically, I am thinking of:
>
> - splitting the document, or

lilypond.org is only the NR, which is already split up.  I'm
surprised it's so big, though.  Anybody want to investigate why?
(does it include the IR or something weird like that?)

> - putting the PDF on download.lilypond.org/ and linking to that.

The TODO list for the website redesign already includes removing
the pdf links from the main doc page and making it a tarball
instead.

... actually, that's a thought -- what's the 13-meg pdf like once
it's compressed?  I would expect it to compress fairly well.