Re: compile.itely placement

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: compile.itely placement
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 14:49:17 +0800

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 12:49:48PM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Graham Percival a écrit :
>> I'm not clear about this, either.  Actually, if anything
>> introduction.itely is going to die entirely (as part of the
>> web-gop stuff).
>>
> All right.  I can't work on GOP in the 4 coming weeks: I must work on
> translaed documentation compilation by translating
> node names in source files because the current system has too many bugs;
> this alone is already a big task.

No problem; I'm probably not going to be doing much until April
17, anyway.

> And I'm still playing with GUB3 (trying to build it with Python 3 now...).

That would be nice.  :)

>> compile.itely is slated to be removed from AU 1, so in the long
>> term I think it should be moved to devel/.  However, in the short
>> term I really can't spend the effort requried to make everything
>> work, so I recommend waiting 1 or 2 months.
>>
> OK, in the meantime we at least don't have to worry about compilation
> instructions duplicated in the sources.

True.

> Do you like the idea of separating compilation instructions for
> self-builders and packagers (that must go
> in INSTALL too) from instructions for Lily developers?

Sure, but those would be sections within the install chapter.  I'd
actually split up the "self-buliders" and "packagers" categories,
though.

I'm going to tentatively estimate late June for working on this
stuff, though.  :)