Re: tab characters in the source code

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: tab characters in the source code
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 22:14:02 +0800

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 03:33:06PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> However, I think it would be stupid if we created a programmer's
> editor and then *not* have it default to our coding standards?

Oh, certainly.  But I think it would *also* be stupid to create a
programmer's edit, when vim is already perfect.  :P

> Now how do we prevent that in some far away future,
> people will have forgotten this and propose to deviate from
> the Zebra standard?  I suggest to prefix all names in our
> softwares in our to be prefixed with "ZEBRA/".  For example:
> ZEBRA/LilyPond.  That will surely work!

By the way, I *always* prefix LilyPond by an animal name when I
introduce it in my published papers.  :)

> > I must say, however, that I'm quite proud that my sarcasm is
> > infecting other lilypond developers.  ;)
>
> Rest assured, also the source of this sarcasm will be lost
> in history ;-)

Nah; Valentin will keep the legend of the Grumpy Developer alive
in times to come.  Long after humanity has colonized distant
stars, schoolchildren will be reading about the epic flamewars
involving Achilles, Trojan Horses, and whether or not we should
move all the CUTTLEFISH/LilyPond documentation into a wiki.