Re: tab characters in the source code

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: tab characters in the source code
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 22:28:00 +0200

2009/4/9 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 03:33:06PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>> Now how do we prevent that in some far away future,
>> people will have forgotten this and propose to deviate from
>> the Zebra standard?  I suggest to prefix all names in our
>> softwares in our to be prefixed with "ZEBRA/".  For example:
>> ZEBRA/LilyPond.  That will surely work!
>
> By the way, I *always* prefix LilyPond by an animal name when I
> introduce it in my published papers.  :)

By the way, strictly speaking, the slash character is not appropriate.
Correct syntax is with a whitespace:

$ANIMAL_NAME $ProjectName

If there was a bearded wise guru in your ZEBRA group, I'm sure he'd be
quite touchy about punctuation :)

> Nah; Valentin will keep the legend of the Grumpy Developer alive
> in times to come.

So now you're a developer?

2009/4/9 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>:
> Brilliant!  Let's define the MOOSE/coding standards in an Opera!

Awesome. I'm precisely in search of a new libretto... And Graham
chickened out when I offered him to write something with me :-)

BTW -- now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd like to know
what kind of music he's referring to as "power ballad".

Cheers,
Valentin